Eglise Sainte Marie
In 1860 a Gothic-style church replaced a small Romanesque church. Subsequently, it had to be completely restored due to the danger of its main vaults collapsing. The architects decided to open large rectangular bays 5.50 m high, but it quickly became apparent that the light thus diffused was too "crude". This new construction was inaugurated in 1962. In 1967, the municipality decided to equip the building of stained glass slabs. The project was entrusted to a master glassmaker newly introduced to this technique, Louis Francheo, who relied on the creations of the artist Emile Wachter. The latter chose a limited number of colors, simple and frank, in particular the so-called “de Miramont” blue, which he melted down especially for these stained-glass windows, in his workshop in Saint Just.
For any information, please contact the parish of Saint Vincent de Paul at email@example.com
Visiting conditions : Unaccompanied tours
Services : Shop
Facilities : Pram-friendly, Bar cafeteria tea room, Coach parking, Restaurant
Languages : French
|Free of charge