The Church of St Germain, initially in Romanesque style, will undergo several modifications over the centuries, including the construction of 3 naves between the 14th and 15th centuries, but will retain the Romanesque choir from the 12th century. The latter, located to the east, is lit by a stained glass window representing 3 stages in the life of Christ. His birth, baptism and crucifixion. The current 29m high bell tower was built in 1898 and had 4 pinnacles which were destroyed by a violent storm in 1917. The central nave surprises with its length, nearly 40 meters, and its height, 10 meters. This church is one of the largest in the department. On the first pillar on the right, the 3 drones of the Compostela pilgrims. Just before the choir, a keystone sculpted in a shield bearing 3 fleur-de-lys, coat of arms of the diocese of Sarlat, shows its first membership.
Group : yes 5 minimum 30 maximum
Lenght : 1 to 2 hours
Visiting conditions : Unaccompanied tours, Guided tour by appointment only
Services : Games area, Wifi
Facilities : Picnic area, Bar cafeteria tea room, Coach parking, Restaurant
|Free of charge||-|