This Gothic-style church was rebuilt in the 16th century, and again in the Second Empire between 1866 and 1871. The two columns and capitals over the steeple and the main door, which has 7 broken arches, are all that remain from the original Romanesque church. The door was modified in the 16th century by the addition of an unsightly tympanum (or decorative wall surface) featuring a statue of the Virgin Mary. The altar and the altar piece (listed as a site of historical interest) originate from the ancient chapel at the Récollets convent, which was built in 1623 and demolished during the French Revolution. The church’s pulpit dates from 1623.
Registered and listed sites
Group : yes 5 minimum 50 maximum
Visiting conditions : Unaccompanied tours
Services : Wifi
Facilities : Picnic area, Bar cafeteria tea room, Restaurant
|Free of charge||-|